The thirty-second reading from the “Bible in a year” and second-to-last reading from the book of Leviticus is called Behar (בהר), which means “On the Mountain.” The name comes from the first words of the first verse of the reading, which could be literally translated to read, “The LORD then spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai” (Leviticus 25:1). This study from the Bible introduces the laws of the sabbatical years, the jubilee and laws concerning redemption as well as future fulfillments that they foreshadow.
- Pententateuch: Leviticus 25:1-26:2
- Prophets: Jeremiah 32:6-27, Isaiah 55, 56
- Gospels: Luke 13:1-33/John 10:22-42
- Letters: Romans 6:1,2,17-22
- Revelation: Revelation 20
- Leviticus 25:1 | The Sabbatical Year
- Leviticus 25:8 | The Year of Jubilee
- Leviticus 26:1 | Rewards for Obedience
- Jer 32:1 | Jeremiah Buys a Field During the Siege
- Jer 32:16 | Jeremiah Prays for Understanding
- Jer 32:26 | God’s Assurance of the People’s Return
- Isaiah 55, 56 | Millennial Reign
- Luke 4:16-21, John 10:22-42 | Jesus teaching in the synagogue on Sabbath (Friday night to Saturday night)
- Acts 13:14 | The gospel of the kingdom preached at synagogue on Sabbath (Friday night to Saturday night)
Future Fulfilment of the Final Jubilee the 70th 7, the thousand year reign. There are around 20 other places in the New testament this is discussed including Matt. 19:28; 23:39; 24:3-25:46; Mark 13:24-37; Luke 12:35-48; 17:22-37; 18:8; 21:25-28; Acts 1:10-11; 15:16-18; Rom. 11:25-27; 1 Cor. 11:26; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; 2 Peter 3:3-4; Jude 14-15; Rev. 1:7-8; 2:25-28; 16:15; 19:11-21; 22:20
- The prophecy in Daniel 9:24 will meet its final and complete fulfillment.
- Everlasting righteousness will be brought in for God’s people
- Sin will be brought to an end for God’s people.
- Transgression will be finished for God’s people.
- Vision and prophecy will be sealed up.
- Jesus will come the second time.
- The earth will be returned to God – its rightful owner.
For Deeper Learning
Old Testament For Kids
- Crosswords, Hebrew words and feast activity | Worksheet from Emet Ministries